Levin Papantonio Rafferty
316 South Baylen St.
Pensacola, FL 32502-5996
Robert E. Price is a shareholder at Levin Papantonio, a well-recognized firm in the field of mass tort pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. He has dedicated his entire career to litigating drug and medical device products liability cases. He is known as the “Mesh Guru” at his firm and took on his first surgical mesh case nearly 10 years ago. Robert is currently a member of the Plaintiff’s Executive Committee in In Re: Physiomesh (MCL 627) and In Re: Proceed (MCL 630) mesh litigations and is the Discovery Co-Chair in In Re: Davol, Inc. / C.R. Bard, Inc., Polypropylene Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2846).
Previously, Robert served as a member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In Re: Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation (MDL’s 2187; 2325; 2326; 2327; and 2387). He also actively litigated cases in the In Re: Actos (Pioglitazone) Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2299) where he performed thousands of hours of common benefit work such as taking corporate depositions and writing briefs. He was proud to be part of the Allen trial team, the first and only bellwether case in In Re: Actos MDL 2299, which resulted in a $9 billion dollar verdict, one of the largest civil litigation drug verdicts in U.S. history.
Robert’s work has resulted in over $100 million dollars in gross settlement recoveries on behalf of his clients. He is a zealous advocate driven by the satisfaction of obtaining redress for victims of corporate negligence and wrongdoing. He is frequently regarded as a hard-nosed workhorse. One of his proudest accomplishments is taking on a notorious pharmaceutical giant in two cases involving catastrophic injuries in children who ingested a popular prescription drug and resolving those cases successfully following hard-fought litigation.
Robert is a native of the Pensacola, Florida area and a graduate of the University of West Florida and Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law. Over the years he has been actively involved in community service and charity endeavors in both a personal capacity and as a representative of one of Florida’s most prominent law firms.
Year Joined Firm
Present Position with Law Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Mass Torts
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation
- Licensed in Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
- Juris Doctor, Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, 2010
Honors: National Trial Team member
Honors: TYLA National Trial Competition Regional winner
Honors: Recipient of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Award
Honors: Book Award for Basic Skills in Trial Advocacy
Honors: Scholar of Merit Award for Best Appellate Brief in Legal Writing Section
Honors: American Journal of Trial Advocacy Senior associate editor
Honors: Recipient of the King Lyons AJTA Senior Writing Award
Published Student Work: Sealed Plaintiff v. Sealed Defendant: Setting Forth a Standard for Proceeding Anonymously,32 AM. J. TRIAL ADVOC. 435 (2008)
- Bachelors of Art in legal studies with a minor in criminal justice, University of West Florida, 2004
Honors: Cum Laude
- “Effective Cross Examination of Corporate Witnesses in Depositions,” Florida Justice Association Advanced Trial Skills Seminar (June 2014)
- “Handling Cases Involving Difficult or Sensitive Client Issues,” National Trial Lawyers Summit (2014)
- “Defending Daubert Motions,” National Trial Lawyers Summit (2017)
- “Understanding the Business of Mass Torts,” National Trial Lawyers Summit (2017)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, member
- Florida Justice Association, Eagle member
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer