Levin Papantonio Rafferty
316 South Baylen St.
Pensacola, FL 32502
Page A. Poerschke is an of counsel attorney in the Securities and Business Litigation practice group of Levin Papantonio. Ms. Poerschke has represented more than 60 state, municipal, and other institutional investors in securities litigation and arbitration. In addition, Ms. Poerschke has represented more than 400 individual securities fraud victims in FINRA arbitrations across the country, as well as in state and federal court. Ms. Poerschke has been appointed as a deputy attorney general to represent the State of Alabama in litigation involving companies that violated the registration provisions of the Sale of Checks Act.
Ms. Poerschke is a frequent speaker on issues confronting the securities industry, including FINRA arbitration procedures, arbitrator selection, electronic discovery, and has served as a guest lecturer at the University of Alabama School of Law and the Birmingham Bar Association. She is a member of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA), an organization of attorneys dedicated to the advancement of investors’ rights in the securities industry.
Ms. Poerschke graduated from the University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History. She received her juris doctor from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1997. In addition, she earned the Certified Regulatory Compliance Professional (CRCP) designation from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Institute at Wharton.
Year Joined Law Firm
- 2013 (of counsel)
Present Position with Law Firm
Areas of Practice
- Class Actions
- Qui Tam
- Business Torts
- FINRA Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional (CRCP), December 2010
- University of Alabama School of Law, Juris Doctor, May 1997
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Arts in History, May 1993
Honors and Awards
- Bench & Bar Legal Society, member
- Student Bar Association, secretary
- Mass Torts Made Perfect, “Stealing Millions One Dollar at a Time: How to Represent Your Municipal Pension Fund,” April 2013
- Florida Justice Association, “E-discovery: How to Streamline Production and Reduce Costs - Electronically Stored Information (ESI) - Guidelines and Protocols,” February 2014
- Mass Torts Made Perfect, “Ponzi Schemes: Recovering Investor Losses from Third Parties,” October 2014
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association Annual Meeting, “Computerized Compliance Systems,” October 2014
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association Webcast, “Taking the Mystery Out of eDiscovery,” February 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, member
- Birmingham Bar Association, guest lecturer
- University of Alabama School of Law, guest lecturer
Ms. Poerschke has obtained over $300 million for clients in settlements and verdicts. Her representative engagements include the following:
- Represented a statewide pension system in suit against WorldCom's underwriters and auditors, which resulted in a settlement of $111M (90% recovery of loss).
- Represented a statewide pension system in a suit against Bank of America Corp., Citigroup Inc., Credit Suisse First Boston, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., and Merrill Lynch & Co relating to investments in Enron securities, which resulted in a settlement of $49M (86% recovery of loss).
- Represented 32 hospitals in a securities action relating to subscriber equity accounts, which resulted in a $43.7M settlement.
- Represented statewide pension fund in a state court action, which resulted in a $25M settlement.
- Represented 24 municipal pension funds in state court actions, which resulted in a $21M settlement.
- Represented 40 investors in a private placement transaction against issuer, which resulted in a $12.5M settlement.
- Represented an individual investor in FINRA arbitration alleging failure to execute trade order, which resulted in a $1.35M settlement.
- Represented individual investor in FINRA arbitration against former CEO of global financial services firm alleging fraud and misrepresentation, which resulted in a $10M settlement.
- Appointed as a deputy attorney general in litigation involving companies that have violated the registration provision of the Sale of Checks Act.
- Launched and managed LexMatrix, a litigation support and document review company based in Chennai, India.
Prior to joining Levin Papantonio, Ms. Poerschke was an equity member at the law firm of Haskell, Slaughter & Young, LLC in Birmingham, Alabama, where her nationwide civil litigation practice concentrated on securities matters in state and federal courts as well as AAA and FINRA arbitration. She also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Terry L. Butts of the Alabama Supreme Court.