- Clay Mitchell
- Levin Papantonio
- (850) 435-7000
- (888) 435-7001
- cmitchell [at] levinlaw.com
Clay Mitchell is a senior partner with Levin Papantonio. He has lectured at continuing legal education seminars on the subject of trial advocacy and litigation techniques for his state association, as well as other state and bar associations across the country. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Florida in 1961 and his law degree from Mercer University in 1965.
Mr. Mitchell is admitted to the State Bars of Florida and Montana, as well as numerous federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court. Throughout his 50 years of practice, he has recovered substantial awards for his clients, including multi-million dollar settlements and trial verdicts. His closing arguments and opening statements have been published in several legal treatises, including Closing Argument, the Art and the Law by Jacob A. Stein and The Art of Advocacy- Opening Statements by Leonard Decof.
Mr. Mitchell is a member of the American Bar Association and the Florida Justice Association, as well as a member of the National Advisory Board of the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America. He limits his practice to personal injury and wrongful death litigation.
Present Position with Law Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Wrongful Death
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law; Macon, Georgia; 1965
- University of Florida, 1961
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, member
- Florida Justice Association, member
- American Bar Association, member
- The Florida Bar, member
- The Montana Bar, member
- The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, member
Mr. Mitchell previously held positions as assistant county solicitor and circuit court judge before joining Levin Papantonio.