Levin Papantonio Rafferty
316 South Baylen St.
Pensacola, FL 32502
Brandon L. Bogle is a shareholder at Levin Papantonio. He received his undergraduate degree from Florida State University in 2004 and his Juris Doctor from the Florida State University College of Law in 2007, graduating magna cum laude. Mr. Bogle ranked first in his graduating class and seventh for the graduating year. During his third year of law school, he worked for the Florida Department of Community Affairs addressing various statewide growth management and land use planning issues.
Before joining Levin Papantonio, Mr. Bogle practiced as an assistant public defender in Florida’s Eighteenth and Fourteenth Judicial Circuits. As an assistant public defender, he acted as lead counsel on more than fifteen jury trials, including two life felony cases, and engaged in appellate practice at the circuit court level. In 2009, Mr. Bogle was recognized as instrumental in DUI defense litigation and selected as the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers DUI scholarship recipient for the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit.
Mr. Bogle has focused the majority of his practice on mass tort litigation. He has been actively involved in the litigation of multiple mass tort projects including, but not limited to, those involving the pharmaceutical products Trasylol, Fosamax, Yaz, Testosterone Replacement Therapy, and Opioids. In doing so, he has successfully represented thousands of plaintiffs in various products liability cases. Additionally, Mr. Bogle has acted as trial counsel in multiple jury trials involving osteonecrosis of the jaw suffered by patients taking Fosamax along with serving as trial counsel in multiple cases involving heart attacks suffered by patients taking Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Mr. Bogle has also served as appellate counsel in multiple pharmaceutical cases and has conducted oral argument in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit on the issue of federal preemption.
Mr. Bogle has significant expertise in conducting complex depositions of physicians and corporate witnesses. Moreover, he has written numerous legal briefs to address complex legal issues. As a result of his extensive legal writing experience, he has served on the Law and Briefing Committee for the Testosterone Replacement Therapy Products Liability Litigation.
Mr. Bogle also continues to devote his practice to criminal and single event personal injury cases. He has acted as trial counsel in several personal injury trials involving injuries suffered by the negligence of others. Each trial resulted in a substantial verdict in favor of Mr. Bogle’s clients. He has represented numerous personal injury plaintiffs and successfully resolved their cases short of trial. Mr. Bogle has also served as trial counsel in felony criminal cases since joining Levin Papantonio and remains dedicated to defending those accused of serious criminal offenses.
Year Joined Law Firm
Present Position with Law Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Mass Torts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2007
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science, 2004
- Florida Justice Association Journal, July 2013, Tylenol Acute Liver Failure Litigation: Hidden Danger & Misplaced Trust
- Florida Justice Association Journal, May 2014, Testosterone Therapy: Debunking the Fountain of Youth
- Florida Justice Association Journal, November 2020, Beovu: In The Blink of an Eye
- Consolidate Fosamax Litigation, Case #282 (NJ)
- In re: Fosamax Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1789 (S.D.N.Y.)
- In re: Trasylol Products Liability, MDL 1928 (S.D.FL.)
- In re: Yasmin and Yaz (Drospirenone) Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2100 (S.D. Ill.)
- In re: Fosamax Products Liability Litigation II, MDL 2243 (D.N.J.)
- In re: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2545 (N.D.Ill)
- In re: National Prescription Opiate Litigation, MDL 2804 (N.D.OH)
Presentations and Seminars
- October 2011 - Mass Torts Made Perfect; In re Yaz Products Liability Litigation
- October 2012 - Mass Torts Made Perfect; In re Fosamaz Products Liability Litigation
- April 2013 - American Association of Justice Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation Update Seminar, Louisville, Kentucky; Fosamax: Litigation Update
- March 2014 - American Association of Justice Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Litigation Update Seminar, San Diego California; Testosterone Therapy: General Liability Theories
- April 2014 - Mass Torts Made Perfect; In re Testosterone Replacement Therapy Products Liability Litigation
- May 2014 - American Association of Justice Hot Topics Trens in Litigation Seminar, Chicago, Illinois; Testosterone Therapy