C. Andrew Childers
Levin Papantonio Rafferty
316 South Baylen St.
Pensacola, FL 32502
C. Andrew Childers (“Andy”) has been litigating mass tort cases in State and Federal courts throughout the country for more than 20 years, primarily representing plaintiffs injured by defective pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Andy has been selected by his peers as a Super Lawyer in the Class Actions/Mass Torts category every year since 2018, and as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2007, 2009, and 2011-2017.
In 2017, Andy and his co-counsel obtained the largest pharmaceutical injury verdict ever awarded in the State of Georgia. The jury in that case awarded a total verdict of $20,543,981.00 for his clients ($3,043,981.00 in compensatory damages and $17,500,000.00 in punitive damages).
In 2016, Andy was appointed to the Plaintiff’s Leadership Committee in the Consolidated Pradaxa Docket in the Superior Court, J.D. at Hartford, Connecticut, and was elevated by the Court to the Plaintiff’s Executive Committee in 2018. As part of the Connecticut Pradaxa mass tort litigation, Andy was lead or co-lead trial counsel in 3 of the 4 multi-week bellwether trials that took place in 2018 and 2019. The final Connecticut Pradaxa bellwether trial resulted in a verdict for the injured plaintiff, as well as an award of punitive damages against the defendant pharmaceutical company. In addition to the 3 bellwether trials in Connecticut, Mr. Childers was lead trial counsel in a multi-week Pradaxa trial conducted in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia in October 2018 – the jury in that case also found for the injured plaintiffs and awarded punitive damages against the defendant drug company.
Andy has been appointed to the following MDL positions:
- Plaintiffs’ Liaison Counsel in MDL 2974 (In Re: Paragard IUD Products Liability)
- Co-Lead of the Marketing Subcommittee of the Discovery Committee for the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in MDL 2592 (In Re: Xarelto Products Liability Litigation)
- Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee member for MDL 2016 (In Re: Yamaha Motor Corp. Rhino ATV Products Liability Litigation), serving in the role of Federal-State Liaison counsel.
Year Joined Law Firm
Present Position with Law Firm
- Of Counsel
Areas of Practice
- Mass Torts
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Device Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation
- The Florida Bar
- State Bar of Georgia
- Bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- University of Georgia School of Law (1998)
- Clemson University (1995)