Peakstone Realty Trust, Formerly Griffin Realty Trust Losses
Are you an investor who has experienced significant losses with investments in Griffin Realty Trust? Levin Papantonio Rafferty’s expert legal team is ready to help you recoup your losses from the brokerage firms that sold you this investment.
Griffin Realty Trust, an internally managed, publicly registered non-traded real estate investment trust (non-traded REIT), primarily comprises single tenant essential business properties across the United States. Formerly Griffin Capital Essential Asset REIT, it rebranded to Griffin Realty Trust in July 2021 with an initial offering price of $10 per share.
Notably, the company underwent another transformation in March 2023, adopting the name Peakstone Realty Trust before pursuing a listing on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). On April 13, 2023, Peakstone Realty Trust debuted on the NYSE under the ticker symbol "PKST."
Regrettably, a number of Griffin Realty Trust investors have reported major investment losses, with suggestions that brokers may have unsuitably sold this non-traded REIT to them. Levin Papantonio Rafferty stands by investors in these situations and offers assistance in pursuing recovery of their losses from the responsible brokerage firms.
In 2021, Griffin Realty Trust experienced significant events, including a finalized stock-for-stock merger with Cole Office & Industrial REIT Inc., bringing its total assets to over 120 properties with a $5.8B total valuation. There were also unsolicited tender offers from CMG Partners, LLC, and Tel-Aviv-based Comrit Investments I, LP. Griffin Realty Trust notably suspended its share redemption program and distribution reinvestment plan in October of the same year.
Non-traded REITs like Griffin Realty Trust tend to appeal to investors seeking higher yields, but they come with inherent risks due to their illiquid nature and the lack of trading on national securities exchanges. This investment strategy may not be suitable for everyone, and it may come with undisclosed risks that your financial advisor or broker might not have fully explained.
High commission incentives may encourage brokers to push these non-traded REITs, including Griffin Realty Trust, to investors who might not be suitable for such an investment strategy, resulting in losses. If you feel that you've been a victim of misrepresentation or omissions by your broker, our team at Levin Papantonio Rafferty is ready to help.
- We have recovered over $500 million in securities and investment fraud cases
- We have represented over 4,000 individual investment fraud victims
- We have represented over 1,500 state, municipal, and institutional entities
- Our attorneys include the former President and a current Director of the National Securities Bar (PIABA)
- We have successfully recovered full awards in arbitration for numerous clients, including awards of well-managed damages, attorney’s fees, and costs.
- We have been appointed and served in leadership roles in more than seventy Multi-District Litigations (MDLs) around the country, including the In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation MDL, which has been called “the largest and most complex case in the history of jurisprudence” by the Washington Post.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we charge no upfront costs and no fees unless we first make a recovery for you.
Our lawyers provide free confidential case evaluations, and we never charge any fees or costs unless you first recover.
The contingency fee we charge ranges from 20% to 40%. The amount we charge is based on how much we recover for you. To review a summary of our fees and costs, click Fees & Costs.
To contact us for a free confidential consult, you can call us at (800) 277-1193. You also can request a free private and confidential evaluation by clicking Free & Confidential Consult. Your inquiry will be immediately reviewed by one of our attorneys who handles securities litigation.