- David Levin
- Levin Papantonio Thomas Mitchell Rafferty & Proctor, P.A.
- (850) 435-7000
- (888) 435-7001
- (850) 435-7020
David Levin (1928-2002) received his undergraduate degree in economics from Duke University in 1949, and graduated number two in his law school class from the University of Florida in 1952.
After law school, Mr. Levin enlisted in the United States Air Force as a Basic Airman, and spent a year in Korea, eventually rising to rank of Captain. He was licensed to practice law in Florida; before the U.S. Court of Military Appeals; and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Levin was a member of the American Bar Association, The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Mr. Levin was listed in the publication "Best Lawyers in America"; "Outstanding Floridians"; "Men of Achievement"; "Who's Who in the South and Southeast"; and "Who's Who in American Law".
Mr. Levin was former President of the Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and was Board Certified by the Florida Bar in the area of marital and family law.
In 1971, Mr. Levin was appointed Chairman of the Florida Board of Pollution Control Board, and served in that capacity until June, 1974. He was personally commended by the Governor for his exceptional work in that capacity. In 1972, Mr. Levin was presented the "Good Government" Award by the Pensacola Chapter of the United States Jaycees.
Mr. Levin was a former member of the Florida Council of One Hundred, former Chairman of the Board of Certification for Marital and Family law, and former Chairman of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar. In addition, he had served on the Florida Supreme Court Commission on Matrimonial Law, and was former Chairman of the Judicial Nominating Commission of the First Judicial Circuit, State of Florida.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Was Board Certified in the Area of Marital and Family Law, Florida Bar
- Florida, 1952
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1955
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1955
University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1952
Honors: Graduated Second in Class
Duke University, 1949
Honors and Awards:
- Was Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Was Listed in Outstanding Floridians
- Was Listed in Men of Achievement
- Was Listed in Who's Who in the South and Southeast
- Was Listed in Who's Who in American Law
- Commended by Governor for Work as Chairman of Florida Board of Pollution Control Board
- Presented Good Government Award by the Pensacola Chapter of the United States Jaycees
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Past Member
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Past Member
- American Association for Justice
- Past Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Florida Chapter
- Past President
- Pollution Control Board, 1971 - 1974
- Former Chairman, Florida Board
- Florida Council of One Hundred
- Former Member
- Certification for Marital and Family Law
- Former Chairman of the Board
- Florida Bar, Family Law Section
- Former Chairman
- Florida Supreme Court Commission on Matrimonial Law
- First Judicial Circuit, State of Florida
- Former Chairman, Judicial Nominating Commission
Past Employment Positions:
- United States Air Force, Basic Airman
- United States Air Force, Captain