- Ben Gordon
- Levin Papantonio Thomas Mitchell Rafferty & Proctor, P.A.
- (850) 435-7000
- (888) 435-7001
- (850) 435-7020
- bgordon [at] levinlaw [dot] com
Mr. Gordon joined the Levin Papantonio law firm in its Mass Tort Department in 1993, and tried a number of mass tort cases with Mike Papantonio. Mr. Gordon became a partner in 1997. While continuing to consult with Levin Papantonio, Ben opened his own law firm in 1999, and has continued to limit his practice to the representation of plaintiffs, primarily those injured by defective devices or drugs.
He is the author of several published articles concerning medical and legal aspects of failed products such as Silicone Gel Breast Implants and dangerous drugs like fen-phen. He has worked on a variety of other mass tort projects including Rezulin, Ephedra, Sulzer Implants, Renu Contact Lens, and Avandia litigation. He works is a Shareholder with the Levin Papantonio law firm and helps to manage its Mass Tort Department.
Mr. Gordon also serves on the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee for MDL 2047, In Re: Chinese Manufactured Drywall Litigation, before the Hon. Eldon Fallon, and was appointed as Co-Chair of the Science and Expert Committee for the PSC. In that role, Mr. Gordon co-tried the Germano v. Taishan et al case to verdict along with several other members of the PSC.
Mr. Gordon also helps run the firm's Accutane Litigation Department, and in 2011, Mr. Gordon co-tried the most recent Accutane case to verdict, achieving a $2 Million compensatory award for his client in Gaghan v. Hoffman-La Roche, Inc.
In 2011, Mr. Gordon was appointed to serve on the Plaintiffs' Executive Committee for MDL 2197, In Re: Depuy Hip Implant Litigation, before the Hon. David Katz, and again was selected as co-chair of the Science and Expert Committee for that litigation.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 1990
- University of West Florida, 1988
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Honors and Awards:
- Academic Scholarship
- Cordell Hull Teaching Fellowship
Past Employment Positions:
- John Marshall Law School, Adjunct Professor of Law
- Army JAGS CORPS, First Lieutenant
- Staff Attorney (Clerkship), Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, Atlanta, GA