- Ben Gordon
- Levin Papantonio Thomas Mitchell Rafferty & Proctor, P.A.
- (850) 435-7000
- (888) 435-7001
- (850) 435-7020
- bgordon [at] levinlaw.com
Mr. Gordon joined the Levin Papantonio law firm in its Mass Tort Department in 1993 and tried a number of mass tort cases with Mike Papantonio. Mr. Gordon became a shareholder in 1997.
He is the author of several published articles concerning medical and legal aspects of failed products such as Silicone Gel Breast Implants and dangerous drugs like fen-phen. He has worked on a variety of other mass tort projects including Rezulin, Ephedra, Sulzer Implants, Renu Contact Lens, and Avandia.
Mr. Gordon has been an active member of the firm's Accutane Litigation department, and in 2011 he co-tried an Accutane case to verdict, achieving a $2.1 million compensatory award for his client in Gaghan v. Hoffman-La Roche, Inc.
Mr. Gordon serves on the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee for MDL 2047, In Re: Chinese Manufactured Drywall Litigation, before the Hon. Eldon Fallon, and was appointed as Co-Chair of the Science and Expert Committee for the PSC. In that role, Mr. Gordon served as part of the trial team in the Germano v. Taishan, et al. case tried to verdict, along with several other members of the PSC.
In 2011, Mr. Gordon was appointed to serve on the Plaintiffs' Executive Committee for MDL 2197, In Re: Depuy Hip Implant Litigation, before the Hon. David Katz, and again was selected as co-chair of the Science and Expert Committee for that litigation. In 2013, Mr. Gordon was appointed co-lead counsel in the Stryker Hip Implant MDL by Judge Donovan Frank (MDL No. 2441). He helped to work both of these cases up for trial, which resulted in a global resolution in each of these MDLs.
Mr. Gordon is also co-lead counsel in the consolidated hip implant action styled Haynes et. al. vs. Smith & Nephew, ongoing in Shelby County, Tennessee state court.
Year Joined Law Firm
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability- With Focus on Implantable Medical Devices
- Florida—All State and Federal District Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Cumberland School of Law; Samford University; Birmingham, Alabama; 1990, with honors
- University of West Florida, 1988, Magna Cum Laude
Honors and Awards
- Academic Scholarship
- Cordell Hull Teaching Fellowship
- John Marshall Law School, Adjunct Professor of Law
- Army JAGS CORPS, First Lieutenant
- Staff Attorney (Clerkship), Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, Atlanta, GA